>

Monday 31 October 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #3

Today we have something different for Six Sentence Sunday. This is a from 'The Company of the Dead', featuring different characters in a different world to Deathhawk's Betrayal. You can learn a little more about this world on other pages of my website. Look for 'Vows of Blood' on the books page and 'Ellieva' on the characters page.

Lyram plunged into the melee. It was a nightmare of screaming and flashing blades, reeking of blood and smoke. Something too soft to be cobbles gave under his foot. Pushing on, he cut the next man down with a brutal slash.
The faltering defence rallied in his wake. Soldiers pushed forward, closed ranks, forcing the mass of enemy soldiers back.

You can find more Six Sentence Sunday writers here


7 comments:

Kelly Gamble said...

I just love your voice. It is so intense that even six sentences gets me excited.  And correct me if I'm wrong, but that IS a dragon in the picture, right?  I know that because it has front legs. :)

Paula Martin said...

Wow, a real action-packed six!  Great!

Ciara Ballintyne said...

Thanks, Kelly, and yes, that is a dragon. Well-spotted! ;-)

Krystal Wade said...

Love your six and so happy to see you still playing. Any news on the contest?

Amy Durham said...

Lots of action... really grabs the reader's interest!  Love the vivid descriptions!
Amy Durham

Siobhan Muir said...

I liked your description; it really brought me into the moment of his charge through the melee. Well done six, Ciara. :)

Ciara Ballintyne said...

Thanks Krystal. The contest results are announced November 30 so I still have a month to wait :-(

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...