>

Sunday 12 February 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Corners of My Soul

Aldenon's compelling blue eyes trapped Astarl. Something about their intensity made her want to confess. They stripped her naked, in a way far more intimate than a mere lack of clothes, as if he shone a light into every dark corner of her soul. There were things in those corners she didn’t want him to see. There were things in those corners she didn’t want to see. Things no one should see.
You can find more Six Sentence Sunday writers here.


If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to check out my previous posts if you haven't already. If you're finding yourself here often, you might like to join as a member, sign up to the blog through RSS or email, or subscribe to my newsletter.

Don't forget to share the love and spread the word on Twitter, Facebook or StumbleUpon (or other social networking site of your choice) if you know other people who might also enjoy this. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us!

24 comments:

Justin Bogdanovitch said...

I've always wondered what six sentence Sunday consisted of and I love the practice, and your writing.

Paula Martin said...

Love this - "far more intimate than a mere lack of clothes."
Great six,

Wendy Russo said...

*whistle* that't really powerful. great job!

Gayle Ramage said...

Fantastic snippet - great image to accompany it, too. :)

Alix Cameron said...

Fantastically intense, making her want to confess, I love it.

Joanne Stewart said...

 Very intense. Great six.

Angela Quarles said...

ooh, great 6! loved the cadence and the tension

S. J. Maylee said...

you pulled me in when you showed me how she's feeling
great 6

Ciara Ballintyne said...

I love Six Sentence Sunday. It's an opportunity to share parts of my work. I don't have enough short stories that I can justify posting one here when I could be sending them off to magazines and anthologies, much as I would like to.

Ciara Ballintyne said...

Thanks, I'm glad that made the point I was trying to convey.

Ciara Ballintyne said...

Thank you, glad you liked it :-) This is a key point for Astarl.

Ciara Ballintyne said...

I must admit to being partial to the imagery, but I'm biased. Thanks!

Ciara Ballintyne said...

Thanks! Her feelings are something she battles a lot.

Ciara Ballintyne said...

Thank you :-)

Ciara Ballintyne said...

The cadence probably has some funny Greek name. Or maybe not. I'm studying rhetorical devices at the moment and I'm so confused LOL

Ciara Ballintyne said...

That's good, cause it's important for readers to understand how she feels - and how it motivates her to act the way she does!

Angela Quarles said...

I know, I've tried to learn them too, but the names make it so hard to imbibe

Ciara Ballintyne said...

I know what you mean. I'm at the point where I can recognise that soemthing probably is one, but I couldn't tell you what it's called or why LOL

Nick Kelly said...

There's a vulnerable moment for you. Great description. Really draws the reader in.

Ciara Ballintyne said...

 Thanks! It's always a bit dicey, getting reader sympathy for an assassin. Hard sell...

K.E. Saxon said...

Oh, this is a very intense six! Now I want to KNOW what she's hiding from herself and him. 

Ciara Ballintyne said...

 Excellent! That's what I want to hear.

Amberr Meadows said...

Sexy and steamy. I need more than 6!

Ciara Ballintyne said...

 Oh, I know just the scene for you!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...